Sunday 10 April 2011

Objects of my affection

There are a few belongings of mine that are so close to my heart and that I will never want to part with. 

They give me joy and somehow most of them have really special memories or was a very special gift.  I have soooo many to share but I will choose just a few favourites...


Little corner in our lounge with the vintage leather suitcase, got this at an auction.
It is home to most of my boys reading books and they often huddle on the couch with a book.



Wedding photo's of Letitia and me.  I bought the heart in Dubai.


My little Arabian family (Babuschka's), a gift from my sister.


Camel Box - also a gift.


And their home is in our guest toilet window sill.


This little bowl is handmade and also from Dubai.


My most precious recently received gift - from my best friend Adele in the UK -
whom I love and miss dearly... and the inspiration for my blog.


Wall of Hearts.
The Live one with red heart I got from Graham on my first kiwi birthday and signifies our new life.


A corner in my kitchen.


Some of my absolute favourite recipe books.
The Mmmmmmm... Baking one is the best and was a gift from my mother-in-law for Christmas last year.


Another corner next to my stove.


Happiness is LOVE!!!!


Our very special first wedding gift - the blue glass bowl!!!
The cloth is from Dubai.

Oh, how I love these things...

1 comment:

  1. Your own home again - what a pleasure hey!! All your favorite things are stunning.... and i was so happy to see your heart wall!! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete