Sunday 9 September 2012

My birthday picnic

I decided to have a family picnic for my birthday at Shakespeare Park near our home.  This park is about 4kms from our house and right next to the beach.  It was a bit windy but everyone had a lot of fun.  Mom, Dad, Granny & Sam was visiting from Hamilton.  Aunty Cynthia was in NZ visiting Granny.  Uncle Terry, Aunty Heidi & boys just arrived a few weeks ago from South Africa.  And my mom and dad spent the day with us too.  So this was a lovely family get together just like the old days...


What a picnic feast:  cold meats, cheese and the rest!!!!


A variety of breads: pumpkin & fennel, rye, cheese & herb, baguettes & farmstyle.


Yummo!!!!


Digging in Allison & Smal style!!


Graham and my dad joking around...


Granny, Sam & Aunty Cynthia.


The crowd... the beach just behind the little dune...


The spectaters...


Ethan ready and waiting.


And game on!!!


Yip, this whole park just to ourselves and look at all the sheep on the hill at the back!!!

This was such a lovely birthday and I felt truly blessed spending it with all our family.

Looking forward to lots more times like this...

1 comment:

  1. Lovely Lisa, so glad you had a lovely birthday! That is so my style - family picnic is always good!! Fresh bread, rolls, cheese, ham - sounds like heaven!!
    Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete